Sunday, July 22, 2007

Liar Liar

So I have this idea for a new game (maybe a board game?) and I wanted to run it by people. So someone tells a story, which starts off as a true story, but ends with a bunch of total lies. Everyone else playing has to guess at what point the story became false. I'm not sure how all the logistics would work, but it seems like it could be fun, especially if you stick to stories that are already hilarious and improbable, but really happened. Like how Rich told me today that he once got into a car accident with a van carrying a full mariachi band, and everyone was wearing their sombreros and mariachi pants and everything. (This did, in fact, happen to Rich). I wonder how much further he could have gone before I started questioning things. For instance, I probably would have believed that one of the guys in the band was a mariachi midget. Or that one of the guys was Japanese. Anyways, does this seem like a good idea for a game? We can always make it into a drinking game if it doesn't seem exciting enough. Sure beats those idiotic "State of the Union" drinking games I was witness to in college.

If you're not into creating any new games, there's always the old reliables. Like Connect Four. I would just like to state for the record that in June, I defeated Joel Hwang in Connect Four in only 8 moves. He was not intoxicated, and he was trying to win. Joel, if you're reading this, I own you.

I could probably do a lengthy post about board games. Perhaps that will come in the future, one can never be too certain of the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to challenge you to connect four.

Eric Ma said...

you're going down

Anonymous said...

i have returned from tahoe, and therefore have started reading back-logged blog entries. and excellent afternoon.

my comment is that i went to have drinks with a friend and her brother last week, and her brother told me that he has a friend who sets up a table and a game of connect four on the street outside their apartment, then challenges passersby to games. i think this is very strange, and i would not stop to play connect four with complete strangers if so implored...

Eric Ma said...

See? You know a lot of awkward people.