Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February Links

Links time! Many of you have likely already seen this, but if not, I've really been enjoying passiveaggressivenotes.com lately. I especially love this post, about a girl who invited all her facebook friends to a forum to plan her birthday party, because they totally forgot about it the previous year.

Ali is gamely attempting to start a blog. So far he has only two entries, and it's like 30% he ever writes a third, but hopefully this link will put some pressure on him to write. As far as what the blog is like, let's just say if you like Vish's blog, you're going to like Ali's. Stream. O'. Consciousness.

NBA All-Star Weekend is finally going to have H-O-R-S-E as part of All-Star Saturday, and I couldn't possibly be more excited for this development. You may or may not be aware that I am an absolute beast in H-O-R-S-E. When it's my turn for my own shot, everyone pretty much quivers in fear that I'm going to hit my shot, because my shots are extremely difficult to replicate. The weirdness of my arsenal is unmatched, except for maybe Shawn, who is good at using his right hand to throw the ball over his right shoulder and catching again with the same hand. (I can only do this throwing over my left shoulder - try it if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a big difference). Anyhow, now the NBA is doing it, and those guys are in another world. Check out Rasheed Wallace hit two three-pointers at the same time, one with each hand. You have to see what Dan Majerle does before EVERY Suns game. Also, check out Morris Peterson, hilariously unable to make any trick shots.

Season 3 of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS is underway now on NBC, for those who didn't watch on DirecTV. Now is your chance people. This is your last chance to watch the show while it is still technically on the air (I'm almost certain this is the last season). There's time to get on the bus. If you watch it now, starting with season 1, you can still become one of my top 10 friends. That's right, I rank my friends. Number one metric: whether you watch Friday Night Lights. Number two metric: there are no other metrics.

If you have 10 minutes free, and want to raise your heartrate to 160 beats per minute, check out this unreal downhill skateboarding video Sara sent along.

No comments: