Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Holding My Horses


I'm excited about Vince Young, but maybe we should pause before getting completely carried away here.
-
You know, I used to know a guy a lot like Young. It really wasn't all that long ago actually. I'm shocked no one makes the comparison. His name is (obviously) Michael Vick, and for whatever reason just because Vince Young is taller or something, we've decided to completely overlook the glaring similarities.
-
Vince Young just wins games. Didn't we use to say that about Michael Vick? What about all this "no one has won a playoff game before in Green Bay business"?
-
How could teams pass on Vince Young, he was a proven commodity in college!?! Didn't Vick play in the national championship game?
-
Wait, but did you see that game-winning OT run against Houston? Um, didn't Vick do that against the Vikings?
-
He's not completing a high percentage of passes, but you can really see him improving as a passer. Hm. I don't think anyone ever said that about Vick. No sir.
-
Okay, I'm done trying to write in Bill Plaschke form, but you get the idea. Vince Young isn't necessarily the next coming. He's (as of now) an exciting football player that can help you win games, but has measurable flaws. Just like Vick. I happen to love watching Vick play, and I enjoy watching Young play. But I think we ought to cool it a bit for now. We've been here before.

1 comment:

vishal said...

vince young is trash. always has been and always will be.