Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Actually, I Want To Write Better

I noticed today that I use the word "actually" way too much. I did a quick little Ctrl+F and found tons of instances of the word. It's not like in the meat post - I meant to use that word a lot because I just like how that word sounds - it has a funny sound to it when it's repeated a lot. Meat. On topic, though, I'm using the word "actually" all over the place.

I'm unclear if I should just consider this part of my "writing style" or if it's more indicative of a lack of vocabulary and my general inability to articulate my thoughts effectively. Or maybe I doubt my readers too much. "Well ACTUALLY..."

I don't know. I'll need to think about this one for a bit - it troubles me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No thinking - that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!

Eric Ma said...

hahahahhaa i like that movie...i wear my socks with the seams on the outside now because of it

madphoenix50 said...

YTMND!

jo said...

try using "in actuality" every time in place of "actually"