Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quick Note For Indian People

Just a quick note to all you Indian folks: I am a little weirded out by your over-the-top nationalistic “Go India!” pride over “Slumdog Millionaire”. I think it’s a wonderful movie, and I think pride in one’s ethnic heritage is a good thing. But know that when “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” came out, that only rated as the 1,926th proudest moment in my life. One spot ahead in 1,925th place was the time Rich, Julian, Kevin and I went to Applebee’s for half-price appetizers and ordered the entire appetizer menu.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=11514

vishal said...

to my credit, i have not been all "pro india" since this movie has come out, but perhaps part of that is because i still havent seen it... altho, can you imagine how weird it would be if I was all INDIA PRIDE! i think i'd freak myself out! altho i do have that team india criket jersey that i like to wear on weekends....

vishal said...

and so now that ive seen the movie... where does the pride even come from? they dont really make the country seem like a great place. haha