Thursday, November 30, 2006

Michael Vick Should Stop Practicing and Start Watching TV

I know why Michael Vick is struggling. I saw it on ESPN's "Playmakers" a couple years ago.
-
In the show, the speedy black QB (Vick) is tormenting the slow, overachieving white linebacker. (Let's pretend he's Dan Morgan). Morgan is having nightmares about Vick until fortunately Morgan, Jake Delhomme and Keyshawn Johnson get into some kind of fight with Vick, Michael Jenkins and Alge Crumpler in the parking lot of a club. I assume it's a strip club, but my memory is fuzzy so who knows.
-
Somehow the war of words leads to a 3-on-3 game of football right there in the parking lot (they're like all wearing dress shoes), and while the Falcons win, Morgan picks up a vital piece of information - Vick taps the ball one time when is going to run, and two times when he is going to pass. Eventually Morgan uses the information to force a critical fumble that helps the Panthers beat the Falcons at the last minute.
-
So my message to you Michael Vick - stop tapping the ball - you're "tipping your pitches".
-
I also think the Falcons should acquire another running QB, and play Vick and that guy (say Seneca Wallace) in a 2-QB backfield. I'll leave you alone to ponder the possibilities. Suffice it to say, they are siiiiccccckkkkk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric, I have absolutely no knowledge about sports or anything cool. But I am excited that you have a blog, and even more excited to me your first commenter at your new web home. I'm heading out to New York in Feburary, and I would love to see you then, if you have the time. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, even if it was largely dominated by turkey.

Catherine

Ido said...

So does this make it 4 readers or 9 now?

Unknown said...

Leaving xanga? Grrr, I hope your kids get 500 on the SAT math, of course, this is 20 years in the future when the SAT will be out of 3,470 and there is an extra section called ESP/Telekenisis. I have a blogspot too and I don't use it nearly as much because you can't subscribe to other peoples' blogs and get the quick rundown of what's going on.

btw, hilarious analogy with the Playmakers reference. I remember the ball tapping revelation and thinking "wow, that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen." It was laugh-out-loud funny when I began going through the other possible 'tells' that they could have come up with like "when he blinks twice he's going to run and blinks three times when he's going to pass." or "When he says under his breath 'I'm gonna blow by you' at the snap he's going to run and when he says 'I'm the President' he's going to pass."
Brilliant!

vishal said...

you are correct, it was a strip club. i have the dvd